Current Days, Hours, & Services
Now open for browsing:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1-5pm.
Due to our size and the current phase of Reopening RI, there is a limit of six people at a time in the library. Due to current mandates, there is no entry without a mask.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We are now open for curbside pickup of materials currently in the library, or materials delivered through interlibrary loan!
Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1-5pm. Call us at 294-2081 and a librarian will help you select books, check them out to your account, and leave them on the porch for you. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing…no more than one person on the porch at a time.
News & Activities
- We can support early literacy by assisting you with book selection and safe, personalized, one-on-one story times.
- We support independent reading with access to all of the materials available in the Ocean State Library catalog.
- Do you have a child with health concerns? We can assist you over the phone and have materials waiting for you on the front porch.
- Questions about home schooling? One of our staff members has experience with home schooling and can advise you as you embark on that journey. We can also set up a virtual program for any interested area home schooling families.
- Looking for extra enrichment learning for your child? Ask us about free access to language learning, author videos, and other virtual resources.
- Is your child learning remotely? Are you interested in forming a group with other area families for some support and interaction? Let us know and we can facilitate a connection for you.
You can download the app on your device, sign up for an account, and then ‘search for free options.’ Enter your zip code, and select ‘Willett Free Library.’ Enter your card number. You will now have access to lots of language learning, including:
- Chinese, Mandarin
- or even Pirate!!
Book Discussion Group
The Golden Bowl by Henry James
Facilitated by Ann Ferrante, retired Distinguished Lecturer in English at RISD
Held via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month from October to January
Meeting Dates: Thursday, October 15th 3:30-5pm; Thursday November 19th 3:30-5pm; Thursday December 17th 3:30-5pm; Thursday January 21st 3:30-5pm
This group will read a section of the book each month at Ann’s direction, and meet to discuss it. To sign up, please email us at WillettFree@gmail.com. Need a copy of the book? We will have them available at the library for a $15 donation.
About the novel: Set in England, The Golden Bowl is Henry James’s highly charged exploration of adultery, jealousy, and possession that continues and challenges James’s characteristic exploration of the battle between American innocence and European experience. Maggie Verver, a young American heiress, and her widowed father, Adam, lead a life of wealth and refinement in London. They both become married: Maggie to Prince Amerigo, an impoverished Italian aristocrat, and Adam to the beautiful but penniless Charlotte Stant. But both father and daughter are unaware that their new conquests share a secret – one for which all concerned must pay the price.